Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lovely (and wet!) Tuxpan.

Now that October is nearly over, cooler weather has finally arrived.  I´ve enjoyed the temps in the upper 70s and the low humidity. I even put a sweater on after church last night! 
Last Friday I took some sunset pictures from the bridge that is over a tributary of the Tuxpan river and leads to our neighborhood. Enjoy!











After a lovely weekend, the clouds started to roll in.  The weather forecast predicted rain all week, but I think it all arrived on Tuesday!  It started to rain Tuesday morning and it rained hard all day...rain, rain and more rain! Buckets of rain, sheets of rain, waterfalls of rain! I had gone out in the morning and coming home around noon was quite a challenge.  The drainage system in downtown Tuxpan couldn´t handle all that water at once and the streets started to flood.  Unfortunately some houses were also flooded.  Thankfully the river was not high so the water had somewhere to go it didn´t overflow. 





Once the rain finally stopped in the late afternoon the water began to go down and by the next day it was easy to get around town again.  They´re predicting more heavy rain for this weekend!
And, just for fun, I´ve included a picture of my beloved mutt, Pecas.  The rain doesn´t bother her, at least while she´s indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment